Archive for the ‘Photography’ Category
You wouldn’t know it here in Florida, but according to the calendar, Fall is here. Its time to tuck away summer, my favorite of them all.
Before I close that door though, a few pictures from my vacation in Savannah, Georgia in July. I fell in love with this Southern city!
God’s blessings this past week
461. paperwork completed for my professional license
462. B turning 1 year
463. celebrating her birthday
464. her grandmother able to be there despite health problems
465. her little head on my shoulder
466. a safe road trip
467. the love of friends
469. renewed desire to read the Bible
470. that I know how my story ends, because He is the author
471. dog barking waking me up for work
472. sun peeking through the morning sky
In Spanish, “apple of my eye” is literally translated to mean “the little girl of my eyes” (la nina de mis ojos). When I read the scriptures that describe God’s children as the apple of his eye, I picture myself as His little girl. The center of His world. And I can’t avoid feeling special, loved.
*the little girl with the beautiful eyes is my god-daughter
Below is a video to a song in Spanish based on this verse. When I hear it, I feel like God is giving me a big hug.
All is His and daily he showers me with gifts of love …
273. orange sky at sunset
274. a self-esteem boost
275. Starbuck’s night
276. celebrating a baby
277. and the women gathered
278. the joy this brings
279. an opportunity to help
280. S jumping and dancing
281. lunch with co-workers
282. donation for farm in Haiti
I jolted awake and looked at the clock. 6:00 am, 1 more hour of sleep left. I had gone to sleep with that long forgotten feeling in the pit of my stomach. An ache for something more. I’d drifted off to sleep with words of prayer. Now I woke up from a dream I couldn’t remember except this: a piece of paper with Lamentations 3:23 and Psalm 91 written on them.
Ive prayed before that somehow God would “speak” to me through dreams but it hasnt actually happened. Not certain if he does that sort of thing anymore. This dream with the two Bible passages, I dont know if it was God speaking to me or not but nonetheless I needed His truth that morning so when the alarm went off at 7 I reached for the Bible.
In Lamentations I found this promise: “Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
And in Psalms this: “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” ‘
The new mercies part got to me. It’s one of my favorite verses.
I thought about what that promise means. Yesterday’s mercies are in the past, today God gives a fresh dose of His blessings. And its plural. More than one mercy! The Lord knows I need all of them.
He is always faithful, so I know I can count on this promise. So I grab the fresh just-for-today mercies and get out of bed, knowing I don’t go alone.
Whether it was a God sent dream or not, I don’t know but I’m glad it reminded me of God’s beautiful promises.
Counting the ways God shows me his love
247. blessed by blog post
248. that ache that brings me to my knees before Him
249. call from a friend
250. series on Insecurity
251. scripture tucked in my memory
252. restful sleep
253. new mercies in the morning
254. and dream that reminded me of this
255. her happy about my $6 gift
256. bowling game
257. smooth sailing with her
258. his smile when I went to visit
259. that his pain is over before the 6 mo the doctor’s estimated
260. death reminding me that this is all temporary
261. and filling me with hope and longing for my eternal home
262. the blessing of being born in this free country
263. sun out; no umbrella needed
264. lunch paid by a stranger
265. appointment made
266. family of ducks crossing the road
267. 9 gathered to pray
268. being able to help even 1 struggling
269. movie night with mutants
270. packages in the mail
271. home after 8 hours of work
* * * * *
Gifts from God this past month
204. card from friend in the mail
205. stranger in wheelchair calls out “May God protect you”
206. afternoon free
207. bird outside office window
208. hair cut!
209. flat tire disaster diverted
210. visit w/ aunt
211. uncle inquiring about God
212. last-minute trip to the beach with Prissy the dog
213. and laughing with friends
215. phone call from doctor’s office: test results negative
217. days off to study
218. breakfast brought by dad the day of test
219. calm for test
220. passed Social Work license exam!
221. texts and calls of congratulations
222. this text: “God is good all the time”
223. Uno! game
224. migraine gone
225. Friday at the beach
226. and waves knocking us down
227. sun and vitamin D
228. “Congrats” sign on office door from co-workers
229. new lens for my camera
230. rain for the brush fires
231. worship at church
232. clothes donated for the poor in Honduras
233. that I have much more than I need
234. ride to my car under heavy rain
235. emotion on friend’s voice when speaking of God
236. this cd playing in my car
237. this sermon blessed me
238. my dad
239. and the sacrifices he’s made for me
240. that he stayed
Thank you God.
Often times my faith is small indeed.
And I despair thinking how disappointed God must be.
Then I remember the words of Jesus:
“If you have faith as small as a mustard seed,
you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move.
Nothing will be impossible for you.”
My focus should not be on the size of my faith, but on the incredible power of my God.
Who can do the impossible with my mustard seed-sized faith.